Emping crackers is quite common in Indonesia, however, you can also buy this type of raw crackers in the Singapore wet market or ready fried packet at supermarket. My friend 'A' sharing her recipe with me, and I have modified the recipe slightly into small portion.
90 gr butter
60 gr icing sugar
1 egg yolk
100 gr plain flour
pinch of salt
50 gr fried melinjo crackers, crushed
some egg yolk for glaze
- Preheat oven at 180C
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg yolk, mix well.
- Add flour and salt, mix well.
- Add melinjo crackers, mix well.
- Make into small balls and press the top with fork.
- Arrange on a greased tray and glaze the surface with egg yolk
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.