Emping Cookies


Emping crackers is quite common in Indonesia, however, you can also buy this type of raw crackers in the Singapore wet market or ready fried packet at supermarket. My friend 'A' sharing her recipe with me, and I have modified the recipe slightly into small portion.

Ingredients:
90 gr butter
60 gr icing sugar
1 egg yolk
100 gr plain flour
pinch of salt
50 gr fried melinjo crackers, crushed

some egg yolk for glaze

Method:
- Preheat oven at 180C
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg yolk, mix well.
- Add flour and salt, mix well.
- Add melinjo crackers, mix well.
- Make into small balls and press the top with fork.
- Arrange on a greased tray and glaze the surface with egg yolk
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Doris,

    Wish and your family A Happy and Prosperous Tiger Year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anncoo,

    If you like the crackers, I'm sure you will like it.

    Hi Happy Flour,
    Same to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emping cookies are yummy! But too bad hardly to find it, I haven't eaten it for ages... maybe I should try your recipe :)

    Happy CNY and also Happy V's day too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi DG,
    Never tasted this cookies before. With the emping surely it tastes good....Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Selba,

    Thanks. I hope you will like it as much as I do.

    Hi HomeKreation,

    Thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete