Passion fruit juice is one of my family favorite juice, so during CNY I will normally made homemade passion fruit syrup. This syrup drink has a refreshing aromatic flavour and it will also be the best alternate drinks to your guest :) I ever use this syrup for chiffon too, see here :)
1 kg Passion Fruit
100 ml water
400 gr sugar
- Halve passion fruits and scoop out the pulp.
- Place it to blender and blend for a second (be careful not over blend it, it will spoil the seed). Strain it, set aside this first passion fruit juice to use it later.
- Add water to the pulp strained, then blend for a second again. Strain it.
- Bring to the boil this second passion fruit juice to cook with the sugar. No need to stir, wait it boil and bubbling. Add the first strained juice and boil for a minute. (not too long, as not to spoil the fruit flavor)
- Switch off the fire. Let it cool, before pour into sterilized bottles.
- Keep the syrup in the fridge, it can last up to 2 months.
How to serve the passion fruit juice:
- Mix 3-4 tbsp passion fruit syrup with 200 ml water.
- Ready to serve.
“Passion fruit is rich in carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins such as A, B and C and minerals such as iron, calcium and water. Not only this, the tangy fruit also has laxative properties and helps in the removal of uric acid. As per a latest research, passion fruit can help in lowering blood pressure and treating asthma.”
(Source : Buzzle.com)