I was busy during the kid’s school holiday, which I got visitation from family and friends from overseas. Really have no strength or mood for baking. So ... sorry guys for not being updated the blog and visit you guys. However, I don’t want to miss out the Aspiring Bakers #8 event. Here, I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #8 – Bread Seduction (June 2011) hosted by Jasmine of The Sweetylicious.
Source : Wendy
Ingredients for half recipe:
125 gr Pau flour
125 gr All purpose flour
25 gr Powdered coconut milk
75 gr Sugar
½ tsp Salt
100 ml Pandan juice **
15 gr shortening
5 gr Instant yeast
1/4 tsp sugar
25 ml warm water
Filling : Pandan Lotus Paste (optional)
- Combine yeast, water and 1/2 tsp sugar. Let it froth.
- Mix both flours, coconut milk powder, D.A.B.P, sugar and salt together. Make a well in the center. Pour in frothed yeast mixture and 3/4 of the pandan juice.
- Mix until a dough is formed. Add more pandan juice if dough is too dry, but do so by the tablespoons.
- Knead until a smooth dough is formed, add in melted shortening and knead until it is well combined, as in, u don't feel anymore oiliness.
- Leave to proof for almost an hour in almost fully covered container. Dough is ready when it is doubled.
- Punch down and knead for another minute.
- Divide dough into 25 gr per piece. You can get about 17 pcs.
- Shape dough and leave to proof for another 45 minutes or until shaped dough has doubled.
- Steam on high heat for 12-15 minutes.
** I made from about 6 pandan leaves, chopped & pound it and mixed with 100 ml and stir with 1/2 tsp of pandan paste.
Step-by-step pictures :