180 gr Butter
60 gr Caster sugar
60 gr Light brown sugar
200 gr Full cream evaporated milk
½ tsp Vanilla extract
1 tbsp of Rum (optional)
2 eggs, slightly beaten with fork
100 gr All-purpose flour
50 gr cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Baking soda
- Prepare a steamer.
- Put all (A) ingredients into a saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar has dissolved and butter has melted. Remove from heat and allow to cold completely.
- Add beaten eggs into (A) and stir till well mix.
- Sift dry ingredients from (C) into a mixing bowl. Pour in batter mixture and whisk to combine.
- Pour batter into a greased and lined 8 inch square baking pan and cover the pan loosely with a piece of aluminium foil (to avoid the water drip to the cake while steaming).
- Place the pan into the steamer and steam over medium heat for about 45 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan before turning out for decoration.
Chocolate Ganache Topping :
200gr Dark chocolate
170gr Whipping cream
20 gr Butter
Heat up whipping cream until hot (but not boil) over double boiler method. Pour in the chocolate and stir until chocolate melt, then add in the butter. Stir till smooth and let it set or easily spreading.
To assemble the cake:
Slice the chocolate cake into 2 layers. Spread ganache on the layer cake and cream the whole and decorate as desire.
I am submitting this post to Best Recipes for Everyone #2 (Sept 2014 Event :Chocolate) hosted by Xuan Hom’s Mom Kitchen Diary.
Baked this quite sometimes ago but no chance to post it yet.