This year I baked 2 types of peanuts cookies, melted peanut butter cookies and crunchy peanut cookies. If you prefer melt in the mouth version, you may try this recipe, but if you prefer crunchy original taste of ground peanut cookies, you will like the below recipe :)
Thanks Kimmy for sharing with us, it's yummy and addictive, just like eating real peanut :) I'm too lazy making the nuts from the scratch, I just bought ready ground peanut from uncle. who selling the pancake :) I found his ground peanut is very fragrant compare to the one bought off the shelf.
Source : Cooking Pleasure
Ingredients (with modification):
200 gr Gound Peanuts
200 gr Plain flour
70 gr Icing sugar
1/3 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp butter
50-70 ml Vegetable oil
1 egg - beaten for glazing
- Mix peanuts with sugar, salt and butter. Mix well, then add in flour in batches.
- Combined well then gradually add in oil [you may need all the oil].
- The dough is ready once you can roll it into a ball and does not stick to the hand. Rest dough for 30 minutes.
- Pinch a small piece and roll into a ball. Place on parchment paper, leaving some space in between. Do the same until the baking tray is filled with dough.
- Press each ball lightly with the end of a chopstick. Brush egg glaze evenly over peanut cookies.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove cookies to cool on wire rack before storing in airtight containers. The cookies are very 'fragile', handle with care.
Yields : approx. 1 bottle
I am submitting this post to :
# My Treasured Recipes #5 Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015) hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders & co-hosted by Chairmaine of Mimy Bakery
# Cook & Celebrate: CNY organised by Baby Sumo from Eatyour heart out, Diana from Domestic GoddessWannabe and Zoe from Bake for HappyKids
Here, I would like to wish you
a HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR 2015