Source : Camelia@home via IG @imeliciouz1085
Recipe by Lanny S (Cake Populer ala Singapura)
200 gr Sugar (I used 180 gr, but can reduced to 150 gr)**
200 gr Nuts, toasted, coarsely chopped ^^
8 no Egg yolks
50 gr Caster sugar
100 gr Fresh milk
100 gr Oil
150 gr Cake flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
250 gr (I used 8 no Egg whites)
100 gr Caster Sugar
1/2 sdt Cream of tar-tar
1/2 sdt Salt (I omitted)
Your favourite Buttercream : 250 gr + 1 Tbsp mocca paste
- Prepare Nougat in advance : Heat the sugar using medium fire, let it turn brownish or caramel, then pour in chopped nuts. Turn off fire and keep stirring until well incorporated, pour in to the baking paper and let it thinly laid on top of the big tray. Let it cool and grind it to nougat.
- Cake :
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Lightly whisk egg yolk with sugar.
- Add in corn oil, milk and vanilla, stir to combine.
- Add in cake flour, mix well, set aside.
- Beat egg white & cream of tartar until foamy, then gradually add in sugar, beat till stiff peaks.
- Take 1/3 portion of egg white mixture and use hand whisk to mix with egg yolk mixture till light. Fold the balance of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture, combine well.
- Pour batter into 4pcs 6 inch pan, bake for 15-20 mins or until cook
- Design your cakes layered with mocca buttercream and nougat.
** You may replaced sugar by substitute half of sugar to honey
^^ I am using fine nuts, in result my nougat very fine.
- You may bake the recipe in half and yield 3 layers 6 inch cake