First time doing this, tried to copycat the drawing from my batik selendang (Batik piece that I used to carry my baby boys hahhahaaha) Although the result not too perfect, but at least I am quite satisfy with the colours and the end results :)
Source : IG @elsaelwin
Tools : for 18x18x4 cm baking pan, your favourite drawing picture
Ingredients A (batter for decoration):
2 Egg whites
20 gr Caster Sugar
20 gr Corn flour
20 gr Plain flour
Ingredients B (batter for cake):
3 Egg yolks
30 gr Sugar
30 cc Oil
50 cc Fresh milk
60 gr Plain flour (for chocolate cake: 30 gr cocoa powder + 30 gr plain flour ) or add chocolate paste
1/4 tsp Vanilla
Ingredients C (batter for cake):
2 Egg whites
20 gr Sugar
12,5 gr Corn Flour
Strawberry jam or your favorite fillings
Ingredients A (Decoration):
- Whisk egg whites until frothy, add caster sugar until stiff peak, fold in the corn and plain flour.
- Divide into few portion as you need for colouring. Fill into piping bag and ready to pipe.
- Prepare the picture that you want to draw on your cake, put int the base of 18x18cm baking pan. Lay the baking paper on top of it.
- Start drawing on top of baking paper by using ingredients A
- Once ready, bake in preheat oven with 180C for 4 mins ( watch carefully, don’t let it burn) Take out from oven.
Whisk egg yolks and sugar until pale and thick, using low speed, add oil and fresh milk until mixture incorporated. Add in shifted flour, whisk until batter thick.
- Whisk egg whites until frothy, add in sugar slowly, add in corn flour, and beat until stiff.
- Mix B to C partially until batter finish, mix. Slowly pour in to the pan with drawing in it. Don’t forget softly tap the pan few times to let the air out.
- Bake in preheated oven 180C for 20 mins or cook.
- Let it cool and slowly open the baking paper.
For chocolate cake, the step almost the same, except add cocoa powder or chocolate paste.