Host : @juw1t4_ling
Recipe : @charlie_ynj with modification
8 Egg yolks
4 Egg whites
250 gr Butter
175 gr Plain Flour
225 gr Caster sugar (original 275gr)
Cocoa paste: 15 gr Cocoa powder + 30 gr Hot water
- Preheat oven at 160C. Lightly grease the base of a 8" square or round cake pan and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour mixture in 2 or 3 batches.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peak. Fold white eggs mixture partially into butter batter, Do not over fold or the egg will deflate.
- If you would like to make leopard effect, get 1/3 portions of the batter. After that divide into 2 portions, (Lighter version) 2/3 mix with ½ portion of cocoa paste and (Darker version) 1/3 mix with ½ portion of the cocoa powder mixture, fill in to the piping bag.
- To make the leopard pattern : Put the plain batter as the base, then pipe the dark brown batter and make it lines around the baking pan, take your light brown batter and pipe on the top of the dark brown batter lines. Pipe dark brown batter again on top of you light brown batter, finally cover with the plain batter, and continue to the pattern.
- Bake for 45-50 mins or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake turns out clean. (Cover up with aluminium foil if you see the cake turns brown too quickly and continue bake until cook)
- Remove cake from oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.
Very good tutorial video, credit to : CookiesCupcakesandCardio: