Recipe : @liangoenawan
SYRUP Ingredients: (OPTIONAL or can buy ready made Golden Syrup)
300 gr Sugar
200 g Water
1 no Lemon
½ tbsp Maltose
¼ tsp Salt
- Cook all the ingredients in a pot for 1.5 – 2 hours or until thickened
- Set it cool and ready to use. It can be stored up to 1 year.
2 Egg Yolks
Lightly beaten and filtered
- 180 gr Low Protein Flour / Top Flour
125 gr Syrup ( I used ready buy Golden Syrup )
45 gr Groundnut Oil
½ tbsp Alkaline Water / Air abu
1/8 no lemon water
Filling : Lotus paste, Chicken Floss, Assorted nuts, Salted eggs (optional)
- Combined ingredients B to A, mix well. Let it set minimum 5 hours, or more in closed container.
- Scale as per your mould, or about 60 gr with filling of 100 gr lotus paste, with 1 egg yolk, wrap it.
- Dust mooncake with flour, tap out excess flour. Place in a mooncake mould, press gently. Knock out and dislodge imprinted mooncake.
- Bake for 12 minutes in preheated oven of 175C (depend on individual oven), remove and let it cool 2 mins, then glaze surfaces with egg yolks. Rebake for another 10 minutes. Remove can glaze with salad oil (optional).
Cool mooncakes, best served after a keep of 2-3 days.