The recipe is from OKASHI book by KeiKo Ishida and shared by My Baking Diary. I baked in 8-inch pan and my cake did shrink in the middle when cooling, not too sure about this. But if you like chocolate cake which has very rich taste, moist and delicious, maybe you should try on this too. :)
100g Sweet Chocolate (I used cooking chocolate & couverture chocolate)
80g Unsalted Butter
4 Egg Yolks
50g Whipping Cream
35g Cake Flour
50g Cocoa Powder
4 Egg Whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat Oven 170C
- Melt butter and chocolate in double boiler or in microwave
- Once chocolate and butter has melted, add sugar, egg yolks and cream mix well with a whisk. Set aside
- Make meringue: beat egg white until foamy. Add sugar and beat until egg whites are glossy and stiff peaks form
- Add 1/3 of meringue to chocolate mixture and fold with a whisk. Add shifted flour and cocoa and fold with spatula
- Add remaining meringue and fold just incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan and bake for 50 minutes.