1 Large egg
1/2 tsp coffee oil / coffee emulco
1 tsp vanilla paste
250 gr Unsalted butter, softened
150 gr Dark brown sugar
100 gr Fine sugar
1/2 tsp salt
25 gr Instant oats, grind into powder
25 gr Ground almond
300 gr Self-raising Flour (I used Plain flour + 1 tsp BP + ½ tsp BS)
240 gr Hershey mini chocolate chips
- Make earlier (at least 2 hours or overnight in fridge) : Whisk egg with coffee oil and vanilla in a small bowl, cover and let it infuse.
- Whisk cream butter, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg mixture and beat in well. Beat in ground oats and almonds.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Lastly, sift the flour over the mixture and fold in till well incorporated.
- Chill the dough (min.15 mins, normally I will wrap individually the dough into 4 or 5 division) before use to firm it up slightly (this will reduce the cookie batter from spreading out too much)
- To bake : scoop 1 tsp of dough and roll into small ball. Place it onto a line baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 20 mins until crisp and golden brown.
- Cool the cookies on wire rack before storing in an air-tight container.
Yields : 100-120 small cookies
PS : I baked 1/3 into double choc, substitute the flour 10 gr to cocoa powder. I baked full recipe, mix everything, except choc chip & flour portion, then divided 2/3 and 1/3.