I know this a bit too late to post, so sorry not to be able to update the blog, and I was actually baking this fruit cake at the last minute of Christmas day. Just hope that I never too late to submit to Aspiring Bakers #14 : Creative Christmas Bakes (December 2011) hosted by Hankerie :)
250 gr Mixed Fruits
50 gr Apricot
50 gr Cranberries
3 Tbsp Rum
250 gr Butter
130 gr Sugar
1 tsp Orange zest
210 gr Plain Flour
½ tsp Baking Powder
40 gr Orange juice
40 gr Ground Almonds
- Soak mixed fruits, apricot and cranberries with rum over the night.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale & fluffy, add in orange zest.
- Add eggs one at a time till thoroughly mixed before adding in the next egg.
- Mix 2 Tbsp of flour to soaked fruits.
- Fold in shifted Plain Flour+Baking Powder, orange juice and ground almonds alternately to the butter batter, lastly add in soaked fruits, mix well.
- Pour into 8 inch square cake tin.
- Bake at 160C for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hour or until cook.
- Let the cake cool in tin for 20 mins, then remove and leave it to cool completely.
PS : Dizzle some drop of rum onto cake once a while (every 2-3 days) to keep cake moist in the fridge.
Here, I would like to wish everyone HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012!