Get the inspiration from here, I tried to make it at home. This chocolate mousse cake in jar is simple to make, look impressive and taste heavenly good :)
Chocolate Sponge - Ingredients:
80 gr Boiling water
20 gr Cocoa Powder
20 gr Sugar
4 Egg yolks
15 gr Sugar
40 gr Oil
55 gr Cake four
3 Egg whites
40 gr Sugar
- Shift cocoa powder and sugar in bowl, then pour in the boiling water and stir well incorporated.
- Preheat oven 200 degree.
- Hand whisk egg yolks and sugar until pale. Add in oil & the cocoa mixture, mix well.
- Fold in cake flour until combined.
- In separated bowl, whisk egg white until foamy, add in 40gr sugar, whisk until stiff (soft peak).
- Pour 1/3 egg white mixture into egg yolk-flour mixture and mixed well, then pour this into the rest of the egg white and mixed well.
- Pour into tray (12"x12"x1") and bake for 10-15 mins.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack
Mousse - Ingredients:150 gr Chocolate
50 gr Whipping Cream
45 gr Boiling Water10 gr Gelatin
15 gr Sugar
200 gr Whipping Cream
Method:- Chocolate Cream: Using double boil method, heat the whipping cream until hot (no need boil), add in Chocolate, stir until well incorporated. Leave aside or until cool.
- Mix gelatin, sugar in the boiling water, stir well until gelatin dissolved. Leave aside to cool.
- Whisk fresh cream at high speed until stiff.
- Mix chocolate cream with gelatin mixture, stir well before pour into the fresh cream, stir until incorporated.
Assembly:- Cut the chocolate cake using round cutter (dia 5cm), then wrap in with plastic to make a circle.
- Pour the chocolate mousse by piping it onto the cake, then add another layer of cake, continue with another layer of mousse.
- Decorate the top with melted chocolate.
- Chill in refrigerator till set.