Looking at how Honey Bee Sweets was making this OREO cheesecake for her love ones, I cannot wait to try on this. Since my ‘to-do-list’ is getting longer, finally I made the small one, and just follow the original recipe. This is sure perfect for oreo and cheesecake lovers. Follow what she suggested that to leave it in the freezer, and it is just taste like Oreo ice cream. Hmmmm ….Yum Yum …. ;)
Ingredients for an 6" OREO Cheesecake
60 gr crushed OREO cookies (with no cream, however, the cream to be used for the filling)
25 gr butter, melted
250 gr cream cheese, room temperature
80 gr caster sugar plus 'the cream removed from the cookies used for the biscuit base'
1.5 tsp of gelatin powder, melted in 45 gr of boiling water
1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
100 ml dairy whipping cream, whipped
50 gr crushed OREO cookies in big chunk (updated 15/7/2010)
Extra OREO cookies, roughly chopped for topping (optional)
- Grease and line with parchment and plastic wrap an 6" spring form pan.
- For the base : In a large bowl, combine the melted butter with the crushed OREO cookies and mix well. Then press the mixture on to the base of the 6" spring form cake pan. Place in the fridge to chill for at least an half an hour.
- For the filling : Beat the cream cheese and sugar till mixture is nice and smooth.
- Add the gelatin mixture and lemon juice mix well. Then gently fold in the whipping cream, follow by the OREO cookie chunks.
- Gently pour the cream cheese mixture into the cake pan and let chill for at least few hours before serve.