Just want to share on the chocolate sponge cake that I recently used for my last baking on Oreo Cheese Chocolate Layer Cake and Cake Pops. I like the cake, cause it soft, fluffy & have spongy texture. You may also see Nasi Lemak Lover and Kitchen Corner on their sharing for this cake :)
I am submitting Aspiring bakers #7 – Chocolate Delight (May 2011)
Source: FoodHouse8 via Everything4Sweets
32 gr Vegetable Oil
21 gr Cocoa powder
203 gr Whole eggs
32 gr Egg yolks
135 gr Caster sugar
1 gr Salt
21 gr Glucose
106 gr Cake flour (I substituted 10 gr cocoa powder to get darker cake)
1 gr Baking soda
21 gr Milk
- Warm vegetable oil and mix in cocoa powder until well mixed and dissolved.
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a large mixing bowl, beat whole eggs, egg yolk, caster sugar and salt and beat on high speed until foamy and about doubled in volume.
- Add in glucose and continue beat on medium speed until ribbon stage.
- Sift flour and baking soda over beaten egg mixture. Mix in flour on low speed for 3 seconds just to combine most of the flour. Fold in any remaining traces of flour with rubber spatula.
- Take 1/3 of the batter and add it into the cocoa powder-vegetable oil mixture to lighten the mixture, mix well. Pour in the chocolate mixture to the remaining batter, together with the milk and fold until well incorporated.
- Pour in a 9” round pan and bake for 35 minutes or until cook.
Here is the tutorial video: