The original recipe from Aunty Yochana, which here I chose the one without ovallete and omitted the kaya. I never expected the cake a bit dense, maybe it's due to over folding, as I could still see lots of tiny lump flour in the final batter. Eventhough the cake a bit compact, but still nice to eat :)
'NCC Soes Week' is just another event organized by NCC members club. This time I can only made the simple puff, however, there are more varieties puff recipes can be found here. :)
Choux Paste: ( yields 10 nos )
70 g Butter
170 g Water
85 g Plain flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
Method for choux paste:
- Boil water and butter.
- Add flour and stir using hand whisk to form a smooth dough.
- Let dough cool to lukewarm, then add egg slowly until the consistency is right (batter should be smooth and slow flowing).
- Fill the mixture into piping bag and pipe it onto greased baking tray.
- Bake at 200 deg C until golden brown, about 20-25 mins.
Custard Cream Filling:
50 g Fresh cream (beat until stiff)
15 g Instant custard powder
40 g Fresh milk
Method for cream:
- Beat Instant custard powder and fresh milk until thick.
- Pour the mixture into fresh cream, stir till well mixed.
How to assemble:
- Cut the cream puffs but not cut through.
- Pipe some custard cream filling into the puffs