This recipe caught of my eyes because of the method which is something different to the usual way of making butter cake. Here, all the ingredients are beat at one go and later mix with the creamy butter. It really yielded soft & light cake in texture and the cake was well received by my family and friends.
Source : Delicious Cakes - Amy Heng
6 cold eggs
40 ml cold water
1/2 tbsp ovalette
200g caster sugar
250g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
100g chopped walnuts
150g chocolate rice
- Line and grease a 10" square tin. Preheat oven at 170 degree.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs, cold water, caster sugar, ovalette and the flour at top speed until the mixture turn thick and fluffy. Leave aside.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and the vanilla until light and creamy.
- Mix the creamy butter and the egg mixture together until well blended.
- Lastly add in the chopped walnut and chocolate. Pour into the prepared tin and top with the remaining chocolate rice.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until well done