Cookies 'n' Cream Cheesecake
As promised to M that I will bake her cheesecake. I had chosen oreo cheesecake which I figure that with oreo it can’t go wrong …. and always be favorite among kids and adults :D And I hoped M & her family enjoy the cake. :)
Source : Cheesecake Seduction by Catherine Lau
200 gr Oreo cookies
90 gr Melted butter
500 gr Cream cheese, softened
110 gr Caster sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
10 gr Corn flour
200 ml Whipping cream
3 Eggs, lightly beaten
100 gr Oreo cookies, chopped
Oreo Cookies for decoration (optional)
- For Biscuit base : Blend cookies until fine then mixed melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Press into 8” round pan. Chill in the freezer to let it harden.
- Preheat oven to 150C
- For Filling : Beat cream cheese until smooth, add sugar, vanilla and corn flour, beat until smooth.
- Add whipping cream and blend until mixture thickens. Slowly pour in eggs and mix until just combined.
- Pour half the filling on the biscuit base. Add chopped oreo cookies on the filling. Pour remaining filling on cookies. Decorate few slices of cookies on top of the cake.
- Place pan in water bath. Bake for 1 hour or until filling is set but still soft in the centre.
- Turn oven off. Leave cake in oven for 30 minutes with door slightly open. Remove from the water bath and let it cool completely with the pan before refrigerate it.
- Cover cake and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before removing from pan.
- Slice and enjoy