I guess I no need to explain further about these German cookies anymore :) as they are so popular and well-rated since last year. But what a pity that I just got chance to bake this year. It’s never too late for you that have not tried it, you will love it as it really melted-in when you pop into you mouth :) and can’t stop just eating only one :D
125 gr Butter (I used SCS Butter)
40 gr Icing sugar, sifted
125 gr Potato starch
80 gr Superfine flour / Plain Flour
Chocolate rice (optional)
- Beat butter and icing sugar till fluffy and lighter in colour.
- Sift in potato starch and flour, mix to form a soft dough.
- Pinch a bit of dough and roll into small balls. (I had my 1/3 dough mix with the chocolate rice)
- Arrange on lined baking pan and press lightly with a fork (dip the fork in water after each press to prevent cookie dough from sticking to the fork).
- Bake in preheated oven at 170 deg C for 15 mins, upper rack (need not bake till cookies turn brown).
Yields : 60 pcs
Here's wishing all of you a Happy Chinese Lunar New Year!