Awesome recipe shared by WendyinKK that everybody gave a thumb up. :)
Recipe source: Mrs Ng SK
Ingredients:230 gr Salted Butter, softened (cool at 18-20C, not glossy)
200 gr Eggs, no shell (4 grade B eggs)
150 + 50 gr Sugar
200 gr Self raising flour, sifted.
60 ml Milk
1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
Note : If you have two mixer you may do step 2 and 3 simultaneously. Butter in the stand mixer and egg whites with the hand mixer.
1. Preheat oven at 180C (I used only 160C).2. Separate the eggs, beat egg whites until soft peaks, gradually add 50 gr sugar and beat until stiff. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and 150 gr sugar until pale and fluffy, put in vanilla extract into the cream butter and mix it. Add in egg yolks one by one and beat well after each addition.
4. Put in half the flour and mix on low speed until incorporated. Put in milk in 2 additions and mix until well incorporated. Mix in balance of flour.
5. Put half the egg whites in and mix on low speed. Pour the balance of egg whites in and FOLD.
6. Pour batter into the greased 8 inch square pan and level.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. (As I baked at 160C, took about 60-70 minutes).