Marble Butter Cake

 
I really love this cake …. and definitely will be making this again and again ….. Just like Wen, it is now also become one of my favourite butter cake recipe :)


 

Recipe adapted from:  Cooking Crave via Wen’s Delight

Ingredients:
250 gr Butter - Soft
85 gr Caster sugar (I used 100 gr)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt (if prefers less salty just a pinch will do)
4 Egg yolks
1 tbsp Milk
200 gr Plain flour
1 tsp Baking powder

4 Egg whites
85 gr Caster sugar (I used 80 gr) 

1 tbsp Chocolate Powder (optional)
3 tbsp Water (optional)

Method:
- Preheat oven at 160C. Line a 8" Square tin.
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg yolks one at a time and beat till creamy. Add in milk and mix well.
- Sift in flour and baking powder and mix well. Set aside.
- Whisk egg white and sugar till soft peak in another bowl.
- Fold 1/3 of egg white mixture into butter mixture. Mix well and fold in the rest.
- To make marble look: Mix chocolate powder with water until dillute, add 1-2 Big spoon of butter mixture, mix until incorporated.
- Pour batter into lined baking pan, spread the chocolate batter to make marble look and bake for 40-45 mins or until cooked.

 
 

I am linking this post to Bake Along "Marble Butter Cake" event hosted by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, Joyce of Kitchen Flavours and Lena of Frozen Wings.
 
 

14 comments:

  1. hi dg! how are you? it's been long since i last dropped by. Nice to hv you baking along with us, another great butter cake? wow, i need to keep that in my bookmark list then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Doris,

    Your Asian style marble butter cake look so soft, moist, buttery and beautiful.... I like :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely marbled cake! It looks really moist and tender. Glad to have you join us in our Bake-Along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you that it's my honour to be part of Bake-Along group :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Your family and you sure will love it :)

      Delete
  5. Hi DG, I always love the way you slice your cakes. So neat and nice. I think I have baked this before and found it good too. Your post reminds me to bake it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimmy, I also admire your blog, all food look so yummy & delicious.

      Delete
  6. really mr. Butter Cake is very testing fast food. I really i am very2 like butter cake related fast food

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! Delicious butter cake! They look simple but making a perfect one isn't an easy feat! :) Yours look exceptional! I need to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a luscious marble butter cake! i love this so much. makes me wanna sink me teeth in 'em

    ReplyDelete