Here are my combination Lapis Legit and Lapis Surabaya Cake.
Lapis Legit - Half recipe from what I normally baked
100 gr Butter
75 gr Margarine
1 tbsp Condense milk
1 tbsp Rum
12 Egg yolks
2 Egg white
85 gm. Caster sugar
25 gr Plain flour
5 gr Milk powder
- Preheat 200C
- Cream butter till creamy and pale in colour. Add in condense milk and rum, mix well.
- Whisk ‘B’ until thick & double in volume, then add ‘A’, whisk until mix well.
- Fold in ‘C’, mix well using spatula.
- Prepare 8 inch (20x20cm) tray, lined at the bottom.
- Bake the first layer with top-bottom heat.
- Then bake the next layer until the last layer using top heat. Try to bake it each layer not more than 5 minutes or else, the cake will turn hard.
- Use back spoon to press lightly to flatten each layer while you mixed the batter into the tray.
Lapis Surabaya - recipe from NCC (Natural Cooking Club)
Ingredients : One recipe : yields 2 layers
20 egg yolks
200 g sugar
250g butter, beat till soft and white
100g plain flour
- Beat egg yolks and sugar till ribbon stage. Off mixer
- Add in beaten butter and fold in using rubber spatula
- Fold in sifted flour, also using rubber spatula
- Divide batter into two, and pour on two 20cm square pan and bake in preheated oven of 180C for 25 minutes or till the tester skewer comes out clean
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes in the pan before transferring to cooling rack
Put the lapis legit cake in between two layers of Lapis Surabaya and spread with your favourite jam or buttercream. Cut the sides for presentation