This month baking event organized by NCC members is “Chiffon Week”. Since Chiffon cake is always our family’s favorite cake, therefore I will not going to miss it. Here is my contribution:
70 gr Cake Flour
1/8 tsp Baking Powder
3 Egg yolks
30 gr Caster Sugar
60 ml Milk
40 gr Oil
½ Vanilla essence
3 Egg whites
30 gr Castor sugar
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
25 gr Chocolate Rice
Extra Chocolate Rice for sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 170C
- Use hand whisk to whisk egg yolk and sugar until sugar melted.
- Then add milk, oil and vanilla essence, mixed well.
- Add in flour mixture into yolk mixture. Put aside.
- Beat egg white and cream of tartar until big bubbles formed, then add the sugar a little at a time and beat until medium stiff perks formed.
- Pour 1/3 egg white mixture into egg yolk-flour mixture and mixed well, then pour this into the rest of the egg white and mixed well.
- Add chocolate rice, mixed well. Pour into the tube pan. Finally sprinkle extra chocolate rice on top cake.
- Bake it for 35-40 minutes or until cooked.
- Invert the cake with the tube pan during cool down process.
- Remove the cake once cool down and serve.