I still have leftover frozen puff pastry, making these tarts as I saw Sonia & Yummylittlecooks made it earlier. I like about this recipe since it was very simple & easy to make, and the taste was good too.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #10 : Easy as Pie (August 2011), hosted by Janine of Not the Kitchen Sink.
Source : Nasi Lemak Lover
Original recipe from Forbidden Garden
Ingredients - Egg custard filling :
240 gr Hot water
90 gr Coarse sugar
¼ tsp Vanilla extract
¼ tsp White vinegar (I replaced with Rum)
16 pcs frozen medium cut square puff pastry, thawed
- Dissolve sugar in hot water, set aside to cool.
- Break eggs in a mixing bowl, lightly stir.
- Add in sugar syrup, vanilla extract and rum, lightly stir well to combine.
- Sift twice, set aside.
- Trim off about 1cm puff pastry (optional, you may use the whole piece), arrange in a 12 holes muffin pan.
- Pour egg custard filling in the puff pastry case, about 90% full.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 180c for 35mins or till golden brown.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool.