Source : Chiffon cake is done – Bake with Kevin Chai
Egg York Batter:
6 Egg yolks
50 gr Sugar
60 gr Oil
150 ml Coconut milk
110 gr Cooked pumpkin (mashed)
¼ tsp Salt
140 gr Plain four (I used Cake Flour)
Egg White Batter:
6 Egg whites
¼ tsp Cream of tartar
100 gr sugar (I reduced to 70gr)
- Preheat oven to 170C.
-To make egg yolk batter: Combine egg yolks, sugar, oil, coconut milk, salt and mashed pumpkin in a mixing bowl. Fold in flour until forms batter.
- To make egg white foam: Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy, gradually add in sugar, beat at high speed until frothy and stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold1/3 egg white batter into egg yolk batter separately, then pour this into the rest of the egg white and mixed well.
- Pour each of colour batter mixture into ungreased 23cm tube pan by sequence.
- Bake in for 45-60 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cooled.
I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up (Oct14) Event: Pumpkin organized by Zoe (Bake For Happy Kids) & Mui (My Little Favourite DIY)
Hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary)