First time trying savoury chiffon, but surprisingly it turn out great :) Thanks Wen for sharing this yummy recipe.
Source : Wen's Delight
Ingredients: (Size : 21 cm chiffon mould)
5 nos Egg yolks
70 gr Water
70 gr Oil
100 gr Cake flour (sieve)
6 nos Egg white
80 gr Castor sugar
10 gr Corn flour (I used ¼ tsp cream of tartar)
50 gr Virgina ham (approx 1 slice - chopped)
90 gr Pizza plus shredded cheese (mixture of moz cheese, cheddar cheese & parmesan cheese)
1 tsp Parsley flakes
- Preheat oven at 160 deg C
- Put egg yolks, water and oil in a mixing bowl, used a handheld electric mixer to mix till incorporated. Add in sifted flour and mix well till thick & smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk egg whites in a clean bowl until foamy. Gradually add in sugar and finally add in corn flour. Continue whisk till peak foam, smooth and shiny.
- Gently fold in 1/3 of the egg whites mixture into the egg yolks mixture. When everything well combine then gently fold in remaining egg whites mixture till smooth flowing.
- Fold in the cheese, ham & parsley, then pour the well mix mixture into the chiffon tin and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- When baked, turn upside down to cool. Unmould when completely cool.
- Best serve within 2 days.