Got left over egg white from Lapis Surabaya Swiss Roll, and browsed thru the internet and found this recipe from Peng's Kitchen. I agree with her that this cake soft & fluffy, as you can see from the picture below.
50gr corn oil
45gr corn flour
125gr egg white
60gr castor sugar
- Preheat the oven at 180C
- Heat up oil in a saucepan for 1 min. Remove from heat. Pour in corn flour and mix evenly until free of lumps. Cool completely.
- Beat egg whites on high speed. Add in sugar gradually and beat until soft peak form.
- Fold in 1/3 of the egg white foam into the flour mixture. Mix evenly.
- Then transfer into the balance egg white and fold evenly.
- Pour the batter into individual cake cups.
- Bake in 12-15 mins.
Yields : 6 cupcakes
Here I sliced it into two, and spread with Nutella, then it looks exactly just like bread sandwich. hahahaa ..... yummy :)