These cookies are quite popular back in Indonesia. Why the name is Lidah Kucing a.k.a. Cats Tongue cookies, maybe because of their long and thin shape. :) It’s just like butter cookies, a bit crunchy and easy to make.
125 gr butter
80 gr icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
50 gr egg white
125 gr plain flour
- Preheat oven at 180C
- Cream butter, icing sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add egg white bit by bit, beat until well combined.
- Fold in the flour, mix well.
- Put the batter into the piping bag, cut the end to made round tip.
- Start piping a long strip around 3-4cm length on the baking papers.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Other flavour variation you may create such as mocca, cheese, chocolate, etc.