When I saw Min’s blog on her beautiful bread cake two months ago, she really inspired me to try this out :) I found that this could be interesting .... in making & eating it …. and can try both bread & cake in one slice … what a greedy mouth I have hor … hahahaha … Instead of baking this in bread loaf, I baked in chiffon tin. The bread cake tasted good and still remained soft even on the third day. But, I guess I still need a lot of practice to produce a smooth and fluffy bread.
Here is the recipe with minor modification.Bread material:
200 gr Bread flour
1-1/2 tbsp Cocoa powder
1/2 tsp Salt
70 gr Caster sugar
140 gr Water (can try on 120 gr first)
1 tsp Instant yeast
40 gr Butter (I used only 25 gr)
- Mix thoroughly bread flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and yeast into a mixing bowl.
- Add in water and beat till it forms into dough then add in butter and continue beating till dough is smooth and elastic.
- Prove the dough for one hour.
- Divide the dough into few portions and let it rest for 15 mins.
- Roll the dough into 23 cm chiffon tin and let it rest until double.
20 gr Bread flour
20 gr Top/Cake flour
30 gr Caster sugar
3 Egg Yolks
30 gr Oil
30 gr Water
Few drop of pandan paste
3 Egg Whites
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
30g Caster sugar
- To make egg yolk batter: Combine egg yolks, sugar, oil, water and pandan paste in a mixing bowl. Fold in flour until forms batter.
- To make egg white foam: Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy, gradually add in sugar, beat at high speed until frothy and stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold into egg yolk with egg white batter, mix until well blended
- Pour on top of the proved bread dough.
- Bake in the preheating 180C oven for about 30-50 minutes.