Source : Aunty Yochana
300 gr Digestive Biscuits
140 gr Melted Butter
1 block of Philidelphia Cream Cheese
10 gr Gelatine Powder
50 gr Sugar
125 ml Hot Boiling Water
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Essence
About 20 Mandarin Oranges (I used ready peeled in S&W brand)
1 box of Crystal Jelly Crystals – Orange flavour
250 ml Hot Boiling water
250 ml Cold water
- For biscuit base: Blend biscuits until fine and then mix with melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Press into a 10" Square tray. Chill in the fridge to let it harden.
- For filling: stir gelatine powder, sugar with boiling hot water until it dissolves.
- Cream ‘cream cheese’ and vanilla essence till creamy, add in gelatine mixture gradually and cream until smooth. Pour on top of chilled biscuits.
- Arrange orange slice on top of cheese fillings. Put into the fridge to let it set. (Preferable 2-3 hours)
- For topping: dissolve Jelly in hot water then pour in cold water and stir well. Let it completely cool.
- Pour over the set cream cheese filling and put into the fridge again to let it set until firm.
- Slice and enjoy!!!
I was thinking that I was quite lucky to be able to do it smoothly, but ... hahahaha ... wrong at all! See the below picture. I never expected that my baking tin actually leakage when I poured the jelly onto the cheesecake. Really worry the whole jelly flush out, quickly put in the freezer to let it faster set, and the end result still looked acceptable, even though the jelly part could be higher & nicer.
( Lesson learn today : make sure your tin no leakage if you want to try this :) )