I’ve been searching for nice carrot cake recipe, thanks to Min for sharing this wonderful recipe. The cake was really moist & absolutely delicious, except … I didn’t get the correct consistency on the cream cheese frosting. It was easily soften, maybe it was due to reducing the amount of sugar. I definitely will make this again, however, I may apply the cream cheese frosting a bit thinner next time :)
Source : All recipes.com via Min's Blog
150 ml Vegetable Oil
100 gr Sugar (I used Brown Sugar)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
125 gr All-purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Ground cinnamon
165 gr Grated carrots
55 gr Chopped pecans (I used walnuts)
55 gr Soft Butter (I used Hard Butter)
115 gr Cream cheese, softened
240 gr Icing sugar (I used only 200 gr)
½ tsp Vanilla extract
Chopped pecans / walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 8x8 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
To Make Frosting:
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Frost the cooled cake.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #6: Say Cheese! (April 2011) by Noms I Must
Here, I would like to say thank you to Mui Mui for passing me this lovely award :