I knew I had to bake it when I saw it on Roz's blog. Finally, I baked this cake Last Saturday, brought it to RC’s house as she had small gathering events. Everyone love the cake, so do I :) The cake was soft & moist. Thanks Roz for sharing this wonderful recipe.
I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #7 – Chocolate Delight (May 2011)
185 gr Butter
160 gr Sugar
3 Bananas – mashed (I used 200 gr)
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
250 gr Self-raising flour
¼ tsp Baking soda
100 gr Cooking chocolate – Melted
½ tsp Chocolate Paste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Cream butter and sugar until pale & fluffy.
- Add in mashed banana & Emulsifier. Beat in egg one by one.
- Fold in flour+baking soda mixture gradually until well mixed.
- Divide the batter into two portions, add one portion with chocolate & chocolate paste,
- Pour alternately plain & chocolate portion into 8 inch greased tin.
- Bake for 50 mins or until cooked.
I baked in wrong size tin (11 inch) …. but definitely bake this again in correct size tin :), so ... to be able get a nice high & visible marble cake :)