Durian Cheesecake with Chocolate Fudge
Talking about great combination! Who can really resist when chocolate, cheese & durian all mixed in together. I bookmarked this recipe sometimes ago, made it to let my family and friends tasted it. It was delicious, everyone just love it! Thanks to Ellena - Cuisine Paradise for her heavenly match recipe that now I have a chance to present it to you :)
I am submitting Aspiring Bakers #7 – Chocolate Delight (May 2011)
Ingredients For Crust:
225-250 gr Oreo biscuit, finely crushed
150 gr Unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Use a large sheet of aluminum foil to wrap the base of a 7" x 7" square cake ring.
- Slowly drizzle in the melted butter into the biscuit crumbs then stir till the mixture it's almost combined press into cake ring and chill in the fridge until firm. (or put in the freezer about 30 mins).
Ingredients For Durian Fillings:
50 ml Boiling water
1 Tbsp Gelatin powder
250 gr Cream cheese
70 gr Caster sugar
250 gr Durian flesh
125 gr Plain yogurt
200 gr Non-dairy Whipping cream
- Dissolved the gelatin powder in 50ml boiling water and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy and light, then add in the durian flesh and continue to beat until well combined.
- Next pour in the melted gelatin mixture and yogurt then stir till combined.
- Lastly pour in the whipping cream and slowly stir till the mixture is creamy and well mixed (if you prefer smooth texture, I would suggest mix it with mixer).
- Pour the mixture into the prepared biscuit base tin and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight then proceed to the chocolate fudge.
Ingredients For Chocolate Fudge:
150 gr Semi bitter dark chocolate
100 ml Whipping cream
30 gr Unsalted butter
- Put all the ingredients in a pan/glass bowl over boiling water (or double boiler).
- Whisk the ingredients for 5 minutes or so until the fudge is smooth and glossy.
- Let the warm fudge cool down to room temperature before pouring into the firm cheesecake top and tap the cake a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Put it back into the fridge and let the chocolate fudge set for about an hour or so before cutting into slices and served.