Choc Chiffon with Choc-chips
To all chocolate lover like me, another tasty recipe that yield moist, light & fluffy chocolate chiffon cake, shared by Hearty Bakes, and here I am submitting Aspiring Bakers #7 – Chocolate Delight (May 2011).
Source : Chiffon Cake Book via Hearty Bakes.
100 gr Couverture Chocolate (chopped)
10 ml Corn oil
3 Egg yolks
20 gr Sugar
40 ml Water
60 gr Cake flour
10 gr Cocoa powder
½ tsp Baking powder
5 Egg whites
2-1/2 tbsp Choc-chips
- Double boil to melt (A). Stir till smooth.
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C
- In another bowl, whisk (B) till pale in colour. Add in melted choc (A) mixture, add (C) stir till combine.
- Add in (D), fold till mixture well-mixed.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites till frothy, add sugar. Whisk till soft peak.
- Fold gently 1/3 whites with chocolate mixture, then fold it back to balance of whites.
- Add in (F) to the batter, mix well.
- Pour batter into 7” cake pan or 20 inch chiffon tube pan.
- Bake for 40 mins or until cooked.
- Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cooled.
I love chocolatey / dark colour of chocolate cake, however, here mine not so dark compare to hers. Anybody maybe would like to share on your experience or tips on how to get a darker chocolate cake.
PS: She used Varlhona Bitter chocolate while I used Couverture chocolate.