I was actually thought that I had all the ingredients at home, however, just realised on the last minute during measurement I had no more cheddar cheese block. Therefore, just substitute with sliced cheddar cheeses. The result was good and the cake had fine texture & quite flavourful with the cheddar cheese mixture.
Source Recipe : Aunty Yochana
250 gr Butter
200 gr Sugar
5 nos Eggs (I used 4 Large eggs)
100 gr Sliced cheddar cheese, minced or stripped
1 tsp Vanilla essence
100 ml Fresh milk
225 gr Cake Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
- Cream butter with sugar till creamy and smooth.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mix well before the next addition.
- Add in half of minced cheddar cheese and vanilla essence.
- Fold in fresh milk and cake flour sifted with baking powder alternately till finished.
- Pour into 8 inch square pan, spread the stripped cheddar cheese on top of the batter and bake at 180C for about 45 mins or till a stick inserted in comes out clean.
- Leave cake in the pan for 5 mins before removing. Leave on cake rack to cool before slicing.