Bubble Rice Cookies


I made this cookies for this Christmas goodies gifts, love the crispy and crunchy. If I were to make it again, I will add fruit and nuts, it should be taste even better.


Ingredients:
130 gr Unsalted butter
60 gr Sugar

1 large Egg (70g)
1 tsp Vanilla extract

170 gr Plain flour
½ tsp Baking soda
a pinch of salt

80 gr Rice bubbles (crispy rice)
70 gr Chocolate chips

Method:
- Preheat oven 150C
- Cream butter and sugar till white and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, mix well.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and salt and continue to mix well.
- Lastly pour in crispy rice and chocolate chips, fold well with a rubber spatula.
- Scoop chocolate mixture with a dessert spoon and drop on to a lined baking tray and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden crisp.
- Cool down cookies and store in an airtight container.


I made additional butter cookies to add, made the cookies mixture suit this festive season. :)




This post is linked to Cook and Celebrate (Christmas 2014) organised by Baby Sumo from Eat Your Heart Out, Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.

8 comments:

  1. Yum yum...I'm going to get my hands on this cookies again ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, thanks Happy Flour for you nice comments.

      Delete
  2. Hi DG, lovely cookies. Will the cookies stay crunchy and crispy if fruits are added? Bookmarked for CNY,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimmy,

      Thanks for the compliments. If fruits are added, it should not affect the crunchiness. However, I will suggest that you reduce the bubble rice to 60 gr, dried fruit 35 gr then it should be nice :)

      Delete
    2. Hi DG, baked these and they are crispy, crunchy and tasty. I didn't try with dried fruits. Next time, I try with it. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for dropping by again. Glad that you like the taste and I'm pretty sure that your baking should have better shape than mine :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Kimmy this is really clever - can make this for CNY too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Doris,

    Happy 2015! Sorry for my late visit as I was having a break!

    Nice to hear from you again! As always, your bake is always yummy! Those who received these cookies must be very happy :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete