Lemon Curd Hokkaido Cupcakes


Source : Kitchen Corner

I only use 1/3 of the full recipe, it yields around 10 cupcakes. 

Ingredients
60 gr Egg yolks
30 gr Caster sugar
50 gr Vegetable oil
60 gr Full cream milk
80 gr Plain flour

180 gr Egg whites
50 gr Caster sugar

Filling
150 gr Whipping cream
50 gr Lemon curd

Method:
- Preheat oven to 100
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks and 30 gr sugar until pale in colour. Then add oil and milk, whisk till well-blended.
- Fold in flour mixture and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites and sugar to stiff peak.
- Scoop 1/3 of the egg white mixture to the yolk batter, fold well, then pour batter back to the remaining egg whites. Fold lightly till well-mixed.
- Fill baking cases till 90% of batter. Bake in 100C preheated oven. Bake at 100C for 10 minutes follow by 120C for 10 minutes (original 20 minutes) then 140C for 10 minutes (original 15mins) and lastly 150C for 10 minutes. Bring out the cupcakes from the oven to cool down while preparing the cream.
- In a separate bowl, beat whipping cream till stiff.
- Use a straw to make hole into the chiffon cupcake.
- Once the cupcakes completely cool down, pipe some lemon curd into the cupcakes then follow by the whipped cream. Pipe leftover lemon curd at the center of the cake and lastly pipe out the whipped cream.
- Chill in the fridge and it is best serve cold.

4 comments:

  1. Hi DG, I have nominated your blog for the 2015 Versatile Blogger Award. Please look up my post on this for further details. I enjoyed and learned a lot from your baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimmy :) still consider and nominated my blog :D
      I am so honour, I still far away from you, and I am the one that should learn lots from you. Thanks again for your kind thought of me.

      Delete
  2. Hi DG! Yum! I was thinking of baking lemon flavored Hokkaido Chiffon cupcakes and then topping them with lemon curd. But as usual, nothing happens hah..hah... Now that I see your cupcakes, I am very motivated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Phong Hong, this is very refreshing & yummy. Looking forward to see yours soon :)

      Delete