Source : IG @andjani_cen
Recipe : Yum Yum Magazine no. 76 with modification
1/2 piece tofu skin, divided into 4 pieces
3-4 Nori sheet
6-8 Crab stick / small sausages
1 carrot, cut into 6 strips, blenched
Ingredients B : Ready-bought Fish paste
(if you want to make DIY fish paste see below **)
Ingredients C : Chicken Meat
250 gr Chicken mince
2 stalks spring onion, chopped
ASSEMBLY METHOD :
1. Line a piece of tofu skin on working surface
2. Spread all over the tofu skin with fish & chicken meat filling.
3. Place 1 pc Nori sheet on top
4. Spread all over nori with filling again
5. Arrange carrot and crab sticks on top filling
7. Heat up the steamer
8. Steam the nori meat roll for 15 mins in high heat. Let it cool.
9. Heat up oil for deep-frying, deep-fry nori meat rolls until golden brown. Dish and drain.
10. Cut into pieces and serve while hot with chilli sauce.
Ingredients B – DIY Fish Paste ** (OPTIONAL)
500-600 gr fish meat (from 1 kg fresh Tenggiri fish) **
5-6gr / 1 tsp Salt
1 Egg White
10 gr/ 2 tsp corn flour/starch
5-6 pcs ice cube or 5-6 tbsp ice water
Pinch of white pepper
Sesame oil (optional)
DIY Fish paste method (see below video)
- Prepare fresh fish, deboned fish meat
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out all the fish meat from fish (make sure no bone left).
- Mixed the fish meat ( you could use hand, chopstick or food processor to do this), add salt and 1-2 ice cube or 1-2 tbsp ice water in the fish meat, keep stirring, mix well. Add more ice cube or ice water again, keep stirring become smoother.
- Add egg white, as you stir, add corn flour & pepper, keep stirring, you will see the fish paste become smoother and become glossier. Set aside.
Video credit to @andjani_cen
- ** Not compulsory to use Tenggiri fish. 1 Kg Tenggiri fish, after deboned and scoped will yield approx.. 500-600gr fish meat.
- When about wrapping, please allow the tofu skin have bigger sheet than Nori sheet, so it will secure the roll while steaming..
- If you are using DIY fish paste, you may add additional ingredients to your chicken meat as follows: 2,5gr (1/2 tsp ) Salt, 15gr ( 1/2 ) Egg-white, 5 gr (1 tsp ) corn flour /starch
- This steamed Nori Meat Rolls can be kept in the freezer for later use.