Source : Yasa Boga
Streusel Ingredients :
50 gr Butter
75 gr Plain flour (I used 25 gr almond ground + 50 gr plain flour)
50 gr Castor sugar
Cake Ingredients :
125 gr Butter
200 gr Castor sugar (I used 125 gr)
1 tsp Lemon zest
170 gr Cake flour + 1/4tsp Baking Powder + 1/4tsp Baking Soda (shifted)
100 ml Fresh milk
100 gr Blueberry jam (I used fresh blueberry)
- Prepare Streusel in advance, Using a fork, mix all ingredients for streusel in a bowl until resemble coarse bread crumbs. Refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Cake : Whisk all ingrediens for cake, except jam or blueberry, using mixer at low speed until well combined. Incresase mixer speed and whisk for about 3 minutes until mixture is thick and pale in colour. Pour mixture into greased 24x24x4 cm baking tin.
- Sprinkle blueberry on top batter, and sprinkle streusel crumbs over it. (as original recipe using jam, bake the cake for 15 mins or until the cake is half done. Remove cake from oven and spread blueberry jam on top cake, then sprinkle streusel crumbs over it then bake another 15-20 mins or cook)
- Bake the cake in the oven for 25-30 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre of cake comes out clean. Leave cake in tin for about 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- Slice and serve as desired.