275 gr Butter
5 Egg yolks ( approx. 90 gr )
150 gr Castor sugar
250 gr Cake flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract
60 gr Fresh milk
5 Egg white ( approx. 200 gr )
60 gr Sugar
for Marble effect
1 Tbsp Cocoa powder + 1 Tbsp Hot water
- Preheat oven at 160 C. Lightly grease the base of a 8" square or round cake pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour mixture and milk in 2 or 3 batches.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy. Gradually add the 60 gr of sugar and whisk until stiff peak.
- Fold 1/3 white eggs mixture into butter batter, slowly pour the rest of the egg whites until well-blended, then Do not over fold or the egg will deflate.
- If you would like to make marble effect, get 1 small portions of the batter and mix with the cocoa powder mixture.
- Pour the base of 8" greased pan with the plain batter, then pour alternately with chocolate and plain batter in the middle part of the cake, cover with the rest of plain batter. Swirl it using chopstick or fork.
- Bake for 60 mins or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake turns out clean. (Cover up with aluminium foil if you see the cake turns brown too quickly and continue bake until cook)
- Remove cake from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before inverting (pan still intact) onto a cooling rack.