This recipe shared by Jane's Corner, which originally from Mr & Mrs. Zhou.
2 Egg yolks
Pinch of salt
½ tsp Vanilla essence
25g Cake flour
2 Egg Whites
50g Sugar (I reduced to 40g)
¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
- Preheat the oven to 170C
- Use hand whisk to whisk egg yolk, salt until creamy. Then add oil, milk and vanilla essence.
- Add in flour mixture into yolk mixture. Put aside.
- Beat egg white and cream of tartar until big bubbles formed, then add the sugar a little at a time and beat until medium stiff perks formed.
- Pour ½ egg white mixture into flour mixture and mixed well, then pour this into the rest of the egg white and mixed well.
- Bake it for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Leave it cool.
Custard Cream Filling:
70g Fresh cream (beat until stiff)
15g Instant custard powder
40g Fresh milk
Method for cream:
- Beat Instant custard powder and fresh milk until thick.
- Pour the mixture into fresh cream, stir till well mixed.
How to assemble:
- Use a straw to make hole into the chiffon cupcake.
- Pipe custard cream filling into hole and stop piping as soon as you see cream excess out from the hole.
- Refrigerate it once done.
- Best serve when it is cold.