Tested recipe by : Happy Home Baking
Ingredients (modified for 6" cake tin):
Cream Cheese Mixture
125g cream cheese (soften at room temperature)
30g castor sugar
1 egg yolk
100g caster sugar
2 tablespoon cocoa powder
80g self-raising flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
Method:- Preheat oven at 150°C.
- Cream Cheese Mixture - beat cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg gradually and beat until well incorporated. Set mixture aside.
- Chocolate Mixture - Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time until well incorporated into mixture. Sieve all the dried ingredients together. Fold into the egg mixture.
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture into the cake pan.
- Pour all the cream cheese mixture and then the remaining chocolate mixture. Gently spread the chocolate mixture to cover all the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 min or until skewer comes out clean. Cool completely and chill in the fridge before serving.
Yields : 6 inch