Ingredients for skin:
75 gr Kao fen (fried glutinous rice flour)
75 gr Icing Sugar
30 gr Shortening
75 - 85 gr Cold drinking water
1/8 tsp Colour/Flavour paste (optional) **
- Sift kao fen and icing sugar together
- Add shortening by rubbing method until the mixture turns into crumb-like texture.
- Pour the cold water and mix till it form a soft dough (Do not ovemix)
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 10 mins.
- Divide dough into small portion according to the size of your mould.
With the mould dia 4.6cm, I use 20 gr for skin and 25 gr for filling.
The above skin recipe yields around 12-13 pcs.
** Colour or flavour paste can be diluted with cold drinking water before pour into the flour.
Pandan flavour snowskin with pandan lotus paste.
Oreo filling paste, recipe adapted from here
Chocolate Paste Filling, recipe adapted from here
Mango flavour snowskin with lotus paste.