I love making homemade cookies to give out as gifts for the christmas. When Bakertan gave away these cookies during previous bloggers' gathering, my family, especially my children simply just loved it. If you're looking for a crispy or crunchy cookie, this recipe is a very good choice. I would like to make and share with others, then decided to make half in chocolate chips and half with M&M. Wrapped it nicely and ready to give away .... to friends and colleagues :)
Source : Baking Mum and Bakertan
125 gr Butter softened at room temperature
75 gr Caster sugar
60 gr Brown sugar
1 Egg, light beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
150 gr Plain flour
45 gr Cornflour
1/2 tsp Bicarbonanate of soda (baking soda)
pinch of salt
170g Chocolate chips
- Cream butter with both sugars until pale & fluffy. Add egg and vanilla to butter mixture. Mix well.
- Sift flour, cornflour, bicardonate of soda and salt together. Add to creamed mixture, mixing to a soft dough. Stir in the chocoloate chips until well distributed.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes to firm it up. Shape dough into a small ball and flatten with fork or spoon heaped teaspoons of dough onto lined cookies trays, leaving some space between cookies dough. **
- Bake at preheated oven 180C for 20-25 minutes or medium brown.
- Carefully remove to wire rack to cool.
** To prevent cookies from spreading, freeze shaped cookie dough for 10 minutes (with the cookie tray/s).
This is my entry for the Christmas Giveaway hosted by Swee San of The Sweet Spot. You may hop over to her blog for the details on how to participate.
Which cookies do you prefer?
And do you have a favourite Christmas cookies to share?
I want to wish you all have a Happy Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2011 :)