CNY Green Pea Cookies
Eating these cookies are simply yummy compare to just the original green peas. This time, I bought ready pack grinded green peas from Sun Lik, so much easier compare to the first time I made this, which I grinded it myself.
By using the same recipe, they still have similarity in taste. However, the ready grinded package, yield more oily dough that made the cookies more weak in structure, crumbly and melt in the mouth texture.
The next batch I’m gonna make, I will increase the proportion of the flour.
Recipe adapted from "New Year Cookies" by Alan Ooi
130 gr fried green peas, grinded
150 gr plain flour
130 gr icing sugar (I reduced to 90 gr)
1/4 tsp salt
100 gr oil
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Place all the ingredients, except oil into a mixing bowl, mix well.
- Add oil and combine to form dough.
- Roll dough into thin sheets and cut out cookies.
- Bake for about 15 - 20 mins or till cooked.
- Cool completely before storing
I am submitting these cookies to Aspiring Bakers #3: My Favourite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011), hosted by J3ss Kitch3n.