As I mentioned earlier that I was very busy with the office workload for this month. I didn't have much time to make cake for my youngest one for his birthday celebration at his kindergarten, so thinking of easier way ... just to give small goodie snacks, which I can think of is "Cake Pops".
Get the idea from Bakerella and few tutorial videos from YouTube. Or you may check on recently fabulous cake pops that Anncoo , Shirley and Cathy made. I made this last week, and I was in rush while making this, so I didn't manage to get my cake stand like a cake pop. I only refrigerated for 15 minutes (as per instruction on the video), and quickly dipped into the chocolate, then my cake fell off from the stick. Hahahahaha ... that's why at the end I just gave up and put on top of the cupcake paper :)
Here the recipe that I prepared:
Chocolate Sponge Cake - recipe here
Frosting - Nutella butter cream:
75 gr butter
15 gr icing sugar
25 gr nutella
Cream butter & icing until pale & creamy. Add in Nutella until well incorporated.
Chocolate converture - 200 gr (melted by double boiler or microwave)
Topping - chocolate rice, nuts, other food sprinkles
How to make the cake pop:
- break the sponge cake into crumbs (by hands or mixer)
- add frosting to your crumbs, mixed it until you get soft dough
- roll in to cake balls
- rest & refrigerate 15 mins
- dip a bit of lollipop stick into melted chocolate, then stick it into cake balls
- rest & refrigerate until cold and hardened (I only refrigerate 30 mins, that's why it slipped off :) ... but according to Anncoo at least 30 mins in the freezer or rest overnight in the refrigerator)
- Carefully immerse the entire cake ball to the melted chocolate, tap lightly or rotate until
the excess chocolate falls off.
- Decorate it with food sprinkles
- Stick the pops in a styrofoam block to dry or leave it in the fridge.
Individual wrapping ..... and ready to distribute :)
Useful basic tutorial videos: