Oreo Cheese Chocolate Layer Cake


We celebrated my boys’ birthday earlier instead of this week. This time, they never requested any fancy cake, so I also decided just a very simple decoration ( …. too lazy to think , it's just an excuse ... from this lazy mommy) ...  :)

Here are the combinations of the cake:
1. Chocolate Sponge Cake … recipe here
- I want darker cake, so I substituted 20 gr cake flour to cocoa powder, so total cocoa powder used 41 gr.

2. Oreo Cheese Cotton Cake …. recipe here
- I want something light on the cheese cake, so I substituted cheddar cheese to cream cheese. Added 7 pcs crush oreo cookies w/o cream in the batter.

3. Swiss Meringue Cream Butter Cream …. recipe here



The cake well received and enjoyed by all. As I was busy cutting the cake, just lucky still remembered to snap a slice cake before I ate it up :)

20 comments:

  1. beautiful oreo cheese cake DG! the texture is awesome i could imagine how yummy it must be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and inviting cake! Would like to have a slice now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cake look so flavourful and yummy with neat layering too! not at all a lazy job (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cake looks very delicious! Best of everything...choc, cheese & oreo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see that you have made two different cakes in one cake... I like the contrast in taste and colour. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lazy mummy - you did a good job. The cake looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi doris, i would enjoy eating each and every layer of this cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just baked a birthday cake for my son, this 4-year-old kid really problematic, hv specific design and color preference. I used light green on the fondant alphabets and he angry with me, he said he wanted dark green... faint...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're clever and not lazy. I love this mix and match creations, you have all the flavors in this cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. J3ss,
    Thank you and it is very yummy.

    Love2cook,
    Sure, help your self :)

    The Sweetylicious, Chik Mimi, Hanushi, Cathy & Yummy Bakes,
    Thank you for your sweet comments :))

    Wen, Lena and Anncoo,
    All in! Too greedy ... just dump everything in ... lucky the mix turn to be a perfect match :D

    Neyeeloh,
    Wouw ... don't faint ... this show he has STYLE, you should proud of him :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow looks creamy yet light at the same time! your boys must be proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. DG, i love the dual colours. Happy Belated birthday to your kid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. DG, your Oreo Cheesecake Layer cake look Awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow DG, this looks really nice! I like the layers of the colours that you made! I definitely will love this cake! Very creative combination!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YUM!! i can imagine how the saltiness from the cheddar would bring this cake to a whole new depth of deliciousness. I love salty sweet desserts! happy birthday to your boy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great cake...gorgeous and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, can i find glucose in any supermart? Or can i use something else to replace glucose for the choc sponge cake?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Anonymous,
    Mostly you may find glucose in the baking shop. You may substitute with corn syrup, which mostly you may find this at supermarket, such as cold storage and some ntuc.

    ReplyDelete