Have you ever seen the black forest cocoa powder before? I found this during my trip to baking store at Batam few weeks ago. As I always prefer darker colour for my chocolate cake, out of curiousity bought a small packet of it. I tried to search on the net, however, cannot find any recipe with it.
This is my first time to use it, and you can see the different colour of the cocoa powder. I used 12 gr of Valrhona and 13 gr of Black Forest, and the result as you can see very very dark, don't you think so?
Next time, I think I will use lesser for the black forest cocoa powder.
70 gr Boiling water
25 gr Cocoa Powder (here I used mixed of both)
20 gr Sugar
4 Egg yolks
15 gr Sugar
50 gr Oil
50 gr Cake four
3 Egg whites
50 gr Sugar
Decoration: Chocolate Rice
- Shift cocoa powder and sugar in bowl, then pour in the boiling water and stir well incorporated.
- Preheat oven 200 degree.
- Hand whisk egg yolks and sugar until pale. Add in oil & the cocoa mixture, mix well.
- Fold in cake flour until combined.
- In separated bowl, whisk egg white until foamy, add in 50gr sugar, whisk until stiff (soft peak).
- Pour 1/3 egg white mixture into egg yolk-flour mixture and mixed well, then pour this into the rest of the egg white and mixed well.
- Pour into tray (12"x12"x1") and bake for 10-15 mins.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack
- Cut into 2 pieces
- Spread cake once it cool with butter cream, roll it with the help of the greased paper.
- Refrigerate it for a while to set, before spread the butter cream on top swiss roll.
- Sprinkle the chocolate Rice
- Refrigerate it before slicing the cake