Lapis Legit



If I still have some spare time, I will always bake kueh lapis just for new year. Maybe of this recipe use lots of egg yolks, I found there were more wave in this lapis, therefore the line not as neat as I did last year. Or maybe I should practice more :) And I found out that this lapis even nicer if you eat on the second day, are you thinking the same way too?

Ingredients:
A.
200 gr Butter
150 gr Margarine
2 tbsp Condense milk
2 tbsp Rum

B.25 Egg yolks
3 Egg white
170 gm. Caster sugar

C.
50 gr Plain flour
10 gr Milk powder
1 tsp Mixed spice

Method:
- Preheat 200C
- Cream butter till creamy and pale in colour. Add in condense milk and rum, mix well.
- Whisk ‘B’ until thick & double in volume, then add ‘A’, whisk until mix well.
- Fold in ‘C’, mix well using spatula.
- Prepare 8" tray, lined at the bottom.
- Bake the first layer with top-bottom heat.
- Then bake the next layer until the last layer using top heat. Try to bake it each layer not more than 5 minutes or else, the cake will turn hard.
- Use back spoon to press lightly to flatten each layer while you mixed the batter into the tray.
- When finish the last layer, cover with aluminium foil, using top bottom heat bake the cake at 180C for about 10 mins.

10 comments:

  1. Hi DG,

    Thank you for dropping by my blog, wow, we made lapis legit at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Everything4sweets,

    Your lapis was so neatly baked compare to mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The egg yolks used is the reason why I'm still procrastinating making lapis cake :P Yours look yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Blessed Homemaker,

    Thanks for your comments. Beside egg yolks, it's kinda time consuming. However, when you see your friends and love ones enjoying every bite of it, then it is worth the hard work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    I am refering to your recipe " Lapis Surabaya swiss roll", you ingredients ask for hard butter, I am a bit confused, do I have to wait for it to soften before creaming? Tks.

    Kium

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kium,

    Hard butter means butter just out from the fridge. You can just cream it straight away. Don't wait until it soften. And try not to bake for too long for Swiss roll, otherwise the cake will turn dry & hard. 15-20 mins is the best. Let share once you bake it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do agree that lapis cakes taste absolutely fabulous when aged. I like it aged for 1 to 2 weeks, so that the flavour will mellow and get really nice.

    Fresh out from oven lapis cakes are dry and crumbly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree that lapis cakes taste fabulous when aged. They are dry and crumbly when fresh out from oven.

    I like it best aged for more than 1 week, so that the flavour will mellow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendyywy,

    I never try it to keep it aged for more than a week. Usually, it's gone by third or fourth day. Hahahahah ....

    ReplyDelete