Chocolate Rice Chiffon Cake


This month baking event organized by NCC members is “Chiffon Week”. Since Chiffon cake is always our family’s favorite cake, therefore I will not going to miss it. Here is my contribution:

Ingredients:
70 gr Cake Flour
1/8 tsp Baking Powder

3 Egg yolks
30 gr Caster Sugar
60 ml Milk
40 gr Oil
½ Vanilla essence

3 Egg whites
30 gr Castor sugar
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar

25 gr Chocolate Rice
Extra Chocolate Rice for sprinkle

Method:
- Preheat the oven to 170C
- Use hand whisk to whisk egg yolk and sugar until sugar melted.
- Then add milk, oil and vanilla essence, mixed well.
- Add in flour mixture into yolk mixture. Put aside.
- Beat egg white and cream of tartar until big bubbles formed, then add the sugar a little at a time and beat until medium stiff perks formed.
- Pour 1/3 egg white mixture into egg yolk-flour mixture and mixed well, then pour this into the rest of the egg white and mixed well.
- Add chocolate rice, mixed well. Pour into the tube pan. Finally sprinkle extra chocolate rice on top cake.
- Bake it for 35-40 minutes or until cooked.
- Invert the cake with the tube pan during cool down process.
- Remove the cake once cool down and serve.

3 comments:

  1. Looks pretty! I must start baking chiffon cake..;DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chiffon cake. If not for my waistline, I will finish the whole cake in one go! :P I would love to make but have to find the chiffon tin first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anncoo,
    Thanks. Everything you bake N-cook always turn perfect. I cannot wait to see your chiffon cake in my screen hahahaaaa ..

    Hi MaryMoh,
    Agree with you, if not for my waistline too, I think I will bake more hahahhaa....

    ReplyDelete